Of all things I could forget, I left my camera on my desk at home. I'm irked about it since GDC was one of the reasons I purchased it.
Regardless, I plan on taking notes on all the lectures and panels I attend. We are still ironing out a schedule. It's looking like we might diverge occasionally.
I'm steering a Flash/indie route in case I don't land a job in the next few months. But some of the other talks dealing with MMOs we plan on attending:
- Techniques for Improving Large World and Terrain Streaming
- Finding The Right Rewards To Sustain Player Engagement: A Close-up Look At The RPG
- Browser MMOGs - the Experts Talk
- The Universe of World of Warcraft
- Texturing Massive Terrain
- EVE Online's Player Elected Council Case Study
- A New Social Era for Games: How Your Friends Are Changing the Way the World Plays Games
- Games are Math: 10 Core Mechanics That Drive Compelling Gameplay
- Randomness: The Danger and Value of Chance Elements in Game Design